Most Efficient Woodstove In The World (video)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents (and comments)

1. It's not American made.
2. If a stove becomes too efficient at transferring heat in to the room, won't the chimney become far too cold? Blaze king has a test up on it's site showing the stack temp of ~200 degrees on a King on low. So if it were any more efficient, it won't be good... right?

Hass said:

2. If a stove becomes too efficient at transferring heat in to the room, won't the chimney become far too cold? Blaze king has a test up on it's site showing the stack temp of ~200 degrees on a King on low. So if it were any more efficient, it won't be good... right?

I am shocked, shocked I say, to find out a European stove is not American made. :p

Hass said:

Pretty much right. There is a point of diminishing returns. As I said before, I doubt it tests out any higher than some of our units here.

BrowningBAR said:
Hass said:

I am shocked, shocked I say, to find out a European stove is not American made. :p

I saw that, it's definitely not American :)

To quote a couple of their claims on the secondary combustion:

Secondary combustion-the combustion chamber is insulated sufficiently to raise the core temperature and exactly the correct amount of oxygen is introduced at 600ºC the creosote spontaneously combusts. This creates a chain reaction which increases the temperature inside the stove from 600ºC to 900ºC with no extra use of fuel. This is the secondary burn

Quaternary combustion
Burley’s stoves have a unique quaternary (fourth) combustion process. As the hot gases exit the combustion chamber they pass through a mesh filter. The mesh is heated to such a high temperature that, when any particles of soot or creosote which have escaped the secondary combustion touch it, they are ignited on contact. This creates even more heat for your room and less soot for your chimney.

No wonder the flue temps are so low. I'd be worried with the low temps and whats usually travelling up with it but...they advertise the secondary burns to the 4th degree and hardly anything going up the flue. Still need more info, the site is naked of stats

I don't think stack temperatures matter if everything has been burned to carbon dioxide.

I looked at one of these stoves in the local stove shop, very well made, I always look at the door handle (many seem weak IMO) and the baffle (some are very thin steel), the Burley passed my inspection :)
But i'm not sure about the look, maybe it would grow on me ?.
Was very reasonable at £695 and get great reviews even from chimney sweeps -
http://www.whatstove.co.uk/burley-stoves/burley-brampton-1908-stove.html
Also they are new to the market so only time will tell how they will last.

Wow is all i can think to say.

Come see my sootless glass. The only time we had some soot was during the initial burn-in with the first 2 fires. The third fire cleaned that right off and we've had no soot there since.
Dennis speaking of your first two fires. When I go to break in my new Fireview, if you don't engage the cat during those first small fires, can I just leave it out until I'll have the stove running a fire that now needs it? Figure why get it loaded up even though the by pass is open. Figure if the glass becomes a mess so must the cat in the first couple of burns.Just wondering.
Charlie

before everyone gets too mesmerized with this stove, keep in mind that you can not change the laws of either physics or chemistry. I'm sure the video was set to show a beautiful active fire for marketing purposes. That is not real world burning. At the burn rate shown in the video, I suspect that the room temp was probably 95 deg. Most any stove maker can show their stove operating that way. The truth is that they probably go thru a load of wood in 2 hours with that kind of burn.

The stove is like 90% rating and its not a cat stove most our stoves with secondaries is best 76% efficient

before everyone gets too mesmerized with this stove, keep in mind that you can not change the laws of either physics or chemistry. I'm sure the video was set to show a beautiful active fire for marketing purposes. That is not real world burning. At the burn rate shown in the video, I suspect that the room temp was probably 95 deg. Most any stove maker can show their stove operating that way. The truth is that they probably go thru a load of wood in 2 hours with that kind of burn.
I was thinking the same thing.

They have that wood stove design challenge. It will interesting to see if a design shows up similiar to this one that directs the secondary air flow into a swirl pattern. I noticed in the literature that the secondary air is heated to 600 degrees centigrade. Most stoves dont give that spec. I always wondered if heating the air to a hotter value would help stove efficiency.

http://www.forgreenheat.org/stovedesign.html

Status
Not open for further replies.