Most unusual stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That's a Meridian ceramic stove. Still popular, they command a good price if in good condition, but are fragile to move.

That's a Meridian ceramic stove. Still popular, they command a good price if in good condition, but are fragile to move.
I did notice the vertical crack in the base. Almost center.

I got my unique stove in the garage fired up today. It’s been a fun project!

IMG_5132.jpeg IMG_5136.jpeg IMG_5135.jpeg IMG_5138.jpeg

I would be a bit apprehensive; too much glass.thst can break for my taste. Especially in a workshop.
Ceramic but still.

I would be a bit apprehensive; too much glass.thst can break for my taste. Especially in a workshop.
Ceramic but still.
It’s not ceramic.. to each their own, I enjoy it. It’s from 1977 and had no broken glass when I got it, it’s probably ok.

Reactions: stoveliker
It's stove.glass right?

Someone has been nicely careful with it for a 47 year old stove!

That cleaned up nicely. Have you tried cooking in it yet?

Looks like it would make a dandy terrarium in the summer.

Throw a couple wood pellet smoke tubes in there and use it as a smoker.

Looks like a fun project! That brown and gold color kills me, when I came across an old stove like that I had to paint it another color, I felt like I should be burning it with red shag carpet under it otherwise :)
It was black, I went with honey glow brown, I think it goes better with brass hardware.
Can’t really use it like a smoker, the smoke never comes in contact with food.

Not yet, the oven holds at 400 easily though, should do great!
That's cool. Is there any temperature regulation in the ovens other than fire size? If you can get it down to 350º, try out some bread. If it goes over 500º, put in a stone for some pizza!

That's cool. Is there any temperature regulation in the ovens other than fire size? If you can get it down to 350º, try out some bread. If it goes over 500º, put in a stone for some pizza!
Unfortunately fire size is the only way to control the temp. 350 was easy to keep though.

We stayed at a AirBNB in The Netherlands that had a Bulder pipe convection stove. It was so cool.
I don't know where they are made and probably not an EPA stove. Interesting the models are named after USA states.
stove.png
Follow link to one with exposed pipes:
And one with hidden pipes:

Looks like a Bullerjan copy. Definitely not an EPA certified stove.
bullerjan.jpg