Most unusual stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The Jotul 201 has interested me but it never took off here, perhaps because in spite of improved combustion performance the market was heading toward stoves with ceramic glass windows?
Their old stoves were ahead of their time. They heat very well and have clean flues. I didn’t realize my 121 from 1981 has secondary air introduced above the baffle, until I fabricated all the internal heat shields.

Local scene a few days ago up in Vancouver. Hot tub wood stove. What ever floats your boat.
stove in boat.jpg

Frogs in a pot-o-water.
They better hope there's no over fire.
No problem, just add a little cold water. That may be what he's doing here. You have to admit, it's certainly a unique experience.

snowboat.jpg

C'mon out. You can rent one and cruise Lake Union with your favorite beverage.

IMG_4589.jpeg

I saw this homemade stove on Facebook marketplace today.

IMG_4590.jpeg

Here's another fun one. I've always been a sucker for steam locomotives. I don't know if this one has a boiler or not.

View attachment 323269
This is absolutely amazing. I love the clean look of embellishments in a room followed by a beautiful wood stove as a center piece. And this wood stove is just sick, I cant even think of one I have ever seen that would compare. Bravo!

Reactions: dafattkidd
Reactions: all night moe
That's pretty cool. We had a posting years ago where someone setup a system to hoist a cartload of wood up onto their deck with an electric crane. There was another one where they had an outside door for the wood box that sat next to the stove (or insert?).

I’m gonna slip this in here as unusual. It’s kinda neat. Probably works for groceries too.

That's pretty cool. We had a posting years ago where someone setup a system to hoist a cartload of wood up onto their deck with an electric crane. There was another one where they had an outside door for the wood box that sat next to the stove (or insert?).
Now we just need a miners cart.
Out to the wood shed and back.

Still holding out for when I can afford a Xeoos from overseas, not as interesting as some of the homebrew stoves in the thread but that underfire secondary combustion looks really cool.

Xeoos Twinfire

Had the chance to see one in person at the Wood Stove Challenge years back, that thing really threw out some heat! Firebox is tiny!

Had the chance to see one in person at the Wood Stove Challenge years back, that thing really threw out some heat! Firebox is tiny!
Yes, I think the TwinFire is one of the most radiant stoves I have experienced. You knew right away when walking by it. Great light show, but fast and furious.