Moved to house with BK Princess and have a few questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The thermometer is calibrated. It was already set when I checked it.

Stove seems to be running pretty good now that figured out the problem....stupid operator.

I think I’ll replace the cat before winter comes back around in October.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Reactions: lsucet
The thermometer is calibrated. It was already set when I checked it.

Stove seems to be running pretty good now that figured out the problem....stupid operator.

I think I’ll replace the cat before winter comes back around in October.

Thanks for everyone’s help.
good to know everything is working fine. Welcome to the dark side:).

good to know everything is working fine. Welcome to the dark side:).

It’s really weird. The temp has been slowly dropping over the last couple hours on the stove. It got down to the active/inactive line and I figured I would check on it.....there was like 1 coal but the stove was still putting out SO much heat!

Now I know why these stoves are more efficient. I load it with one piece and it burns for hours.

It’s really weird. The temp has been slowly dropping over the last couple hours on the stove. It got down to the active/inactive line and I figured I would check on it.....there was like 1 coal but the stove was still putting out SO much heat!

Now I know why these stoves are more efficient. I load it with one piece and it burns for hours.
Careful now Doc....people will think you're prone to exaggerations.

Don't be scared of loading it full, after you charr the wood you can set the desire burn rate/temp needed when avoiding/minimizing the door, bypass, charr process

Reactions: Doc C
Careful now Doc....people will think you're prone to exaggerations.

I guess I’ve officially joined the ranks of the people who exaggerate about their Blaze Kings!

That’s ok. I’m married...I’ve been called a lot worse.

Don't be scared of loading it full, after you charr the wood you can set the desire burn rate/temp needed when avoiding/minimizing the door, bypass, charr process

I should clarify. My one piece barely fits through the door opening. But still...:

Reactions: lsucet
So this story is fully witnessed. A couple of years ago, we left for New Zealand. Loaded my stove with a piece of 8 year old walnut. About 70lbs. Then added some silver maple and 4 or so North Idaho Energy logs on top. Believe me it was full. We drove an hour to the local airport, flew to Seattle, rested and walked into hotel bar to watch Seahawks vs. Patriots.

Woke up next morning, drove to SEATAC airport and flew to LA. Left LA after a few hours and flew to Sydney. 15 hour flight! Sat in Sydney for 5 hours then flew to Auckland. Waited an hour for a bus, took 1 hour bus ride, boarded rental car on ferry to Wahiki Island. Wife called our son to let him know we arrived safe...son wanted to know what time to load rthe King as it was still burning the last of the Energy Logs.

All in all.....50+ hours. And I've been married 35 plus years....

Reactions: gregbesia and Doc C
I can only fit about 50# of Doug fir into my princess. Bigger firebox is better, dense hardwoods are better.

Doc, keep that cat meter above the active line. If you’re near the line at all then you’re on the ragged edge of a stall. As a cat wears out, the lowest possible active setting gets higher and higher.

So this story is fully witnessed. A couple of years ago, we left for New Zealand. Loaded my stove with a piece of 8 year old walnut. About 70lbs. Then added some silver maple and 4 or so North Idaho Energy logs on top. Believe me it was full. We drove an hour to the local airport, flew to Seattle, rested and walked into hotel bar to watch Seahawks vs. Patriots.

Woke up next morning, drove to SEATAC airport and flew to LA. Left LA after a few hours and flew to Sydney. 15 hour flight! Sat in Sydney for 5 hours then flew to Auckland. Waited an hour for a bus, took 1 hour bus ride, boarded rental car on ferry to Wahiki Island. Wife called our son to let him know we arrived safe...son wanted to know what time to load rthe King as it was still burning the last of the Energy Logs.

All in all.....50+ hours. And I've been married 35 plus years....

That’s crazy! That fire lasted longer then my first marriage! Ok, kidding but not by much.

I didn’t realize you were so close to me. I’m in Sandpoint.

I know right where you are Doc. I hit Cabela’s then visit our dealers in N. Idaho and off to the Axmen in Missoula...where they sell our products and other guy stuff.

Have noticed the same with our stove. The mass of steel and iron radiate heat for a long time, even when there is just enough coals to start a new fire.