Mp240

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jiga

Nov 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Hello all,
I have an older earth stove mp240 pellet stove. I noticed it is leaking oil or grease from the the back of the stove. Looks like the auger motor. Is this something that can possibly be fixed without replacing the motor! Can't seem to find a ton of information on this stove online.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

No,well,if it is coming from the auger motor,you could take apart,clean old grease out,pack with new hi temp grease,not worth it.Are you sure it is not creosote leaking from the stove?Picture.

Could be Bob. Not sure just noticed a straight line of oil or grease on the backside of my hearth. got under there with my headlamp and looks like the auger motor is leaking? Thanks for your response

The grease in the gearbox may have broken down and is leaking out of the gearbox. You could run it until it dies, but opening up the gearbox, cleaning it out, and installing new high temp grease would make it last much longer.

Thanks i will look into what's involved. Guessing there's a gasket involved. Not sure if I'll be able to find a replacement but can always make one
Thanks again....