MS 660

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

May 29, 2012
Iowa City, Iowa
What is a decent used MS660 worth? Found one with 2 bars - 24" and 36".

Don't need it......but I think I do.....any ideas??

Used one on local Craigslist for $750 here now. Been on there a longtime though

Condition is everything. Not unusual to see mint examples go for $900+.

$6-700 is more typical for clean, good-looking units. If you want a project then they can get down in the $3-400 range.

Mine new with a 25" bar was $1,050 or thereabout and that was in 2011. Not sure what they are going for new now, but you can look that up through the Stihl website I take it. The more I use the 660, the more I like it.

Don't see many for sale around here, but I do see quite a few 066s for $550-600.

And you havent grabbed it yet? Time's a wastin'.............

Awesome saw!! Value is in the eye(and wallet) of the beholder. If you can afford it and it is in the ball park of reasonable price range you will never loose money on a 660 unless it gets stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.