Mt Vernon AE Error Code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Erica

Dec 8, 2017
Maine
We just bought a used Quadra Fire Mt Vernon AE stove, I hooked up the thermostat and power cord just to see that it works properly and there is the error "Max Drop Tube Temp" on the thermostat. I've read forums on here and it seems to be an error for the flame being too high causing overheating in the drop tube, since it hasnt been lit yet and there is no heat or flame, is there another reason I might get this error in a stove that isnt heating yet? Also, Im unable to exit from this error screen, Im given the option to retry and a service option that just tells me to find a local dealer or service person. Is there a way to override to quit the error screen?

Hi Erica welcome to the forums here is a copy of your owners manual if you didn't already have one.
http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/7034_276.pdf

If you bought this used i would give it a complete thorough cleaning. the "Max Drop Tube Temp" is saying Appliance in over-heat condition, Flame height set too high or Components may need cleaning, firebox, heat exchanger, convection blower,combustion blower, fire pot and ash pan. you also may need to check the settings programmed in the stove. The Resident Quad Guru would be Kappel15 and I'm sure he will pipe in and point you in the right direction

Did you make sure you wired the tstat wires up correctly. They are color coded. Did you try unplugging stove, waiting a minute and plugging it back in. This should reboot the system. Should be able to go to off on the wall control. Do you have a owners manual for the wall control? And I would check the numbers of the wall control and control board, to be sure they are compatible. kap

Does the stove have an overtemp snap switch? If so, it may need manual resetting - push a little red button in. It may have been jostled when the stove was moved and "tripped". IF you have that snap switch.

Reactions: kappel15
There is on the back of the drop tube. And it does have a reset button. Stove should be unplugged before resetting it. kap

Reactions: heat seeker