My 4 years worth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 292
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 284
Between the first 2 pics there's over 13 cord I measured in those stacks alone. If you look above the piles in the 3rd pic there's a big cherry I've been waiting for it to fall, must have in the last few days. It was rotted part way up and I didn't want any parts of dropping it. That will keep me busy for a few minutes this winter, that's a good 36+" DBH tree, and it was standing dead for a few years, leaning into another big ash. There's a few cord In that bad boy

First pic is the newest stuff I just finished c/s/s, as the pics progress around it gets to the older stuff. I can start at one end and work my way right around and stack newer stuff as I burn, except the pile on the right with the pallet leaning against it. I c/s/s that last August, that's the one I bought the MS460 for ==c However, one of the Superintendents I really like where I work hasn't had any time to get wood split, he was waaaayyy busy on the Northeast Ext TP we are working on. I told him I might be able to part with a few cord, as he has zero point zero c/s/s for this year. I'm going with him Monday and I'll see what he is looking for, I figure I could part with 2 cord to help him out, he burns 7-8 cord a year

If you look, you can probably tell by the stacks when I found this site, the stacks are on pallets and a lot neater now haha

Reactions: Soundchasm
It's fun to see things like how the wood type and/or age changes within a pile, like in the first pic. I have a stack that looks just like that where i switched from mulberry to ash.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Nice work chum! How do y'all keep your wood piles looking so neat. Mine look like the been thru it the hard way lol

Reactions: D8Chumley
Well, I see all the neatly stacked piles that members here have and I said to myself, the piles are going to be there for 3-4 years and they're around the perimeter of the yard and in the driveway, I want them to look presentable so I spent the extra time to stack them neatly. Since I had to restack the one in pic 2 the day after I stacked it the first time I try to make sure that doesn't happen again haha! It keeps the wife happy also that it doesn't look like hell out there. Happy wife, happy life right?

The pile in pic 2 is what I'll be burning this year, about 2 years seasoned. There's about 5.5 cord in that pile if I remember right, minus the pine and shorties/uglies for the shoulder season I will be burning. There should still be at least a cord left I'm hoping come spring

Reactions: Osagebndr
Status
Not open for further replies.