My Fireview is finally here!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjm1017

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2012
Corapeake NC
I just got my Fireview home!! Its been down the road at the local feed and seed since Monday but they lost my number and I just found out no problem its here Im excited!! The only downside is it has to stay in the trailer until Saturday since Im not the hulk and cant get any help until then. I would like to thank everybody on this site that has helped me get to this point yall have been a huge help. I cant wait until Saturday morning to get this installed and start a fire in it even though its supposed to be 70* I'll open the windows!!:)

2012-12-06_15-04-12_324.jpg

Looks familiar Matt. Congratulations. This is what we used to move our stove:

Furniture dolly.jpg
It made the move really easy. Used some 2 x 10's for going up onto the porch and in the house. We did not take the crate apart until it was right at the hearth. I think this saved a lot of work doing it this way.

Reactions: mattjm1017
Thanks savage I got one of those form work today as per your suggestion to another person in another thread. ( yes I have been stalking fireview owners in here for months )

That's okay Matt. Stalk away. When we make suggestions it is to all. Many times we find out much later that someone has read something and it has helped them. This is the reason I am on this forum. When I can no longer help, I'll be gone.

congrats! I'll bet you will find saturday slow in coming;lol

Wow! ANOTHER new Woodstock soapstone stove on this forum...that's like 3 or 4 in the past 2 days here. Congrats and enjoy! Post pics please. I love seeing these b/c I think they are like fine pieces of furniture or antiques that really add decor and ambiance to a room not to mention heat!

No problem with the warm weather because you'll want the windows open anyway.Just do your breakin fires as per instructions.Don't wanna crack that stone and pay for shipping it back.Boy will you be happy with that stove.Pic's as soon as possible.Oh, Merry Christmas to ya.I know you're feeling like a kid on Christmas morn right now.So did we.;)

Wow! ANOTHER new Woodstock soapstone stove on this forum...that's like 3 or 4 in the past 2 days here. Congrats and enjoy! Post pics please. I love seeing these b/c I think they are like fine pieces of furniture or antiques that really add decor and ambiance to a room not to mention heat!

I may be biased but the Fireview is one of the best stoves out there.

I think a Woodstock will be on the shortlist when I get done finishing out the bonus room.

Just to let you know ahead of time,,,, my Fireview smelled until I had about 6 fires in it.. but boy,,,,,,, it's all good now! The stove has "two" coats of paint and along with the furnace cement curing,,, all those stone seams have cement,,, I believe that's what took a long time to cure and smelled. Your going to be amazed at the ease of running the stove,,,,,soooooooo nice! Go easy moving her, don't break those legs.

Go easy moving her, don't break those legs

Now you have me worrying how fragile are those legs? They have to be pretty beefy to hold up almost 500lbs.

I tried to sell my wife on our upcoming new stove as a Christmas present for the two of us. She didn't buy that angle. I still gotta get her something. Or just push her into the stove ala Hansel and Gretel, lol.==c

HomeBruin my wife doesnt realize that Im planning that Im going to spring it on her Saturday. When the install is done Im going to put a bow on it and tell her Merry Christmas!! Or when we get it in the house I can give her the pry bar and tell her to its time to open presents!;lol I think Im still going to have to buy here a present though for Christmas day.

Like a kid in a candy store, I know the feeling.

Our trailer is not too high and when I got it home I slid it right off the trailer and onto the furniture dolly with ease. If 2 guys, so much the better.

Well, can you at least tell us what color it is? ==c

I hope they sent you a pallet made of something other than Hemlock (at least that's what he said when I ordered the stove.) I busted mine up for kindling and that stuff barely even burns...worst wood ever! :confused: I'm going to toss it into the woods...

I'm going to reserve judgement until I try all the other stoves...but I really like the Fv. :)

Yeah, I definitely recommend getting a little something extra for Christmas day. Or it's gonna be colder than ever in the house even with the new stove.
You could give her some wood... ==c

Reactions: au2183
Status
Not open for further replies.