My Fireview is finally here!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great picture! Congratulations. When you're done getting yours out of the trailer, maybe you could come help me with mine.... These things weigh a ton

If you werent so far away I would gladly come and help you out but Im afraid that your just a bit to far.

Homebruin Im definately getting something else not much but we will have something other than the stove.

You could give her some wood...

Thats a great idea I'll do it if I can come hide out at your place for a couple years Im sure that will go over wonderfully:)

As far as the color the wife picked charcoal and I have no idea how to tell what kind of wood the pallet is made out of if you have any pointers that would be great.

Congrats! You will love it!

Reactions: mattjm1017
Congrats Matt, your wife is going to thank you for that gift for many many nights, trust me! ;) Best investment I've made in a long time, still haven't turned my heat on yet!

Alright its been a long weekend with lots of heavy lifting but here it is in all its burning glory!! It ended up being just my FIL and me but it wasnt to bad getting the stove inside and set up we used an old quilt and a two wheel dolly to kind of push pull the stove through the house it worked great with only a few beauty marks on the floor. Ive had three small fires the first got up to about 100* the second was around 200* when it died the third was around 325* this thing is not only a work of art but a super easy unit to operate Ive never used a wood stove thats this easy. Ive currently got fire 4 going I put a bunch of scrap lumber kindling in it and a couple medium splits on top lit a super cedar and shut the door just turned the draft down to about half I think Ill leave it there until it burns out. I really appreciate all the help Ive gotten on here and hope that one day Ill be able to return the favor.

IMG_20121208_130530.jpgIMG_20121209_172206.jpg

Matt, it is beautiful! Can you still get that top lid up to clean?

Matt, it is beautiful! Can you still get that top lid up to clean?

Yes it looks like its sitting back in the fireplace a little but its not its actually about 3" in front I can open the lid and it rests up against the mantel. The only problem I have right now is that my wife told me to let the fire go out since its going to be in the 60s-70s for most of this week:( Oh well hopefully it will get cold and stay cold soon.

That's good Matt. Worry not, you will get to use that thing a lot yet this winter. I might also suggest that while the stove is cold, you could remove the two shipping bolts that hold the catalyst in. That way when you are ready to clean the cat you won't have to monkey with the bolts. When you do remove the cat, be sure to look at the frame good as there is a lip on one side and the cat needs to be put in the same way every time else it will not sit right and will not work.

Looking good!
I lit a fire in my Progress Hybrid 12 hours ago and I think it might finally be time to reload. It's still nice and hot but I have to go to work at 7:45 tomorrow morning and want to load another fire before I go...
Woodstock is a great company selling a great product, you'll be very happy.

Matt,,, looks great! That's the first thing I realized as well coming from my Quadrafire 5700,,,, the Fireview is soooo easy to run,, just great... Don't mean to throw water on the fire but in the picture it looks like your really short on your hearth protection up front,,, needing a minimum of 8 inches from the stove front. I will tell you the hearth pad out front does get warm. Hopefully it's just the picture... Yup Woodstock stoves are in a league of their own,,, super heaters and a pleasure to run,,, set'em and forget'em!

Now you have me worrying how fragile are those legs? They have to be pretty beefy to hold up almost 500lbs.

Cast legs are incredibly strong in holding a static downward load. Its when you 'shift' them installed over a surface, you greatly magnify the wall stress loads on them.

Matt,,, looks great! That's the first thing I realized as well coming from my Quadrafire 5700,,,, the Fireview is soooo easy to run,, just great... Don't mean to throw water on the fire but in the picture it looks like your really short on your hearth protection up front,,, needing a minimum of 8 inches from the stove front. I will tell you the hearth pad out front does get warm.

Your cup of water is appreciated and your eyes are not being deceived I am looking for a hearth extension pad or something like that. Anyone have any suggestions?

Just remember 1 thing,don't get a rip roaring fire going all at once.Heat that stone up easy like.It could crack,believe me,it's not a troublesome thing but a good precaution.Boy are you gonna have fun with this.

Sweet setup, matt; Wood as far as the eye can see! :cool: Get ready for some serious enjoyment with the Fv. :)
my wife told me to let the fire go out since its going to be in the 60s-70s for most of this week:(
Just put a fan in a window to suck the fumes out, and fire it up. Every time you hit a new high temp, you're gonna be smelling paint...
Great looking stove. I would love to have one, just have to convince the wife.
Whoa, hold on podner! Didn't you just put in a stove? ==c

Sweet setup, matt; Wood as far as the eye can see! :cool: Get ready for some serious enjoyment with the Fv. :)
Just put a fan in a window to suck the fumes out, and fire it up. Every time you hit a new high temp, you're gonna be smelling paint...
Whoa, hold on podner! Didn't you just put in a stove? ==c

Yep, but I need one upstairs.

Its not the fumes that are bothering her its the fact that its still pretty warm outside but Ive got another fire going should be bigger than last nights but probably not an overnighter. Im still feeling a little hesitant about going over the overnight cliff but I should be ready to go by this weekend. Thanks for all the advice and compliments yall are great.

Its not the fumes that are bothering her its the fact that its still pretty warm outside but Ive got another fire going should be bigger than last nights but probably not an overnighter. Im still feeling a little hesitant about going over the overnight cliff but I should be ready to go by this weekend. Thanks for all the advice and compliments yall are great.
Matt, as far as the overnight burns, you'll be fine, hottest my stove has gotten is 525, after running it during the day as if I were leaving it for the night. To me the Fireview seems well under control in the cat mode. I never worried about it running away..

Matt, as far as the overnight burns, you'll be fine, hottest my stove has gotten is 525, after running it during the day as if I were leaving it for the night. To me the Fireview seems well under control in the cat mode. I never worried about it running away..

Maybe this is a dumb question but how do I know the cat is engaged? My stove top is currently a little over 350 so I flipped up the cat lever and slowly brought the air control down to about 1 almost all of my flames are gone and I see no differance in anything else am I doing something wrong or am I expecting something to happen thats not going to happen?

Maybe this is a dumb question but how do I know the cat is engaged? My stove top is currently a little over 350 so I flipped up the cat lever and slowly brought the air control down to about 1 almost all of my flames are gone and I see no differance in anything else am I doing something wrong or am I expecting something to happen thats not going to happen?
How dry is your wood? The stove top temp should start to climb. Check it in 30 minutes or so after you have engaged the cat, by then you should be able to look up through the front glass and see the cat glowing. At times I don't even need to look up at the cat, I can see the cat glowing like a night light in my stove from a few feet back when the room is dimly lit.

Give it some time, this is normal, if your wood is dry it should come back to life in 15-30 minutes, if not give it a little more air.

Ok so two things first I didnt know what exactly I was looking for and two my wood isnt quite dry enough. its up there glowing now stove tops at 400* I guess I kind of had it in my head that there would be flames at the top and the flames at the bottom would continue to flame didnt realize they would die down so much its pretty warm in here right now:cool: . Thanks for the help guys

I look for climbing stove top temps and dropping stove pie temps( over ~30 min). Glowing cat is a dead give away, but not always the case. I think secondaries burn most of the smoke at higher air settings, preventing a glowing cat.?

Status
Not open for further replies.