My latest progress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust Post

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast Ohio
Just hauled home a couple loads of red and white oak this week. As I mentioned in another post I was done hauling home but then a good friend convinced me otherwise. Here's also a few shots of my progress and what I still have left 2 do. I took a picture from both ends of my big stack which you can see is 3 deep and the smaller stack is 3 deep also. About 13 cords split and stacked right now not including my slab wood which is about 1/2 a cord and another 1.5 cords of slab to chop up. I will likely leave some rounds for fall as I am getting busy with other things around here now. May still bring a few more loads home,not sure.

Attachments

• Spring 2012 stacks 001.jpg
    Spring 2012 stacks 001.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 153
  • Spring 2012 stacks 003.jpg
    Spring 2012 stacks 003.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Spring 2012 stacks 004.jpg
    Spring 2012 stacks 004.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Spring 2012 stacks 002.jpg
    Spring 2012 stacks 002.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Spring 2012 stacks 005.jpg
    Spring 2012 stacks 005.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 138
Wow, thats a good pile of wood you got there, you're gonna be ahead 4+ years once your done.

Wow, thats a good pile of wood you got there, you're gonna be ahead 4+ years once your done.
Thats about right Weatherguy. I burn about 4 cords in a cold winter.

Locust Post, Nice stack of wood. Your stove caught my eye. The "fire boss" We used to call my old mentor and fire chief the fire boss, even had a license plate that said FARBOSS, which is the way he said it.;)

Wow, that's great! We are all a bunch of firewood hoarders here on hearth.com. We all must be mental :p _g !! or something like that.
(Or not like to spend a lot on heating :ZZZ)

Reactions: Gark
Locust Post, Nice stack of wood. Your stove caught my eye. The "fire boss" We used to call my old mentor and fire chief the fire boss, even had a license plate that said FARBOSS, which is the way he said it.;)
Oh, just found a picture of our ladder truck with my grandson and the old FARBOSS license plate on it.

Attachments

• Brody_FARBOSS.jpg
    Brody_FARBOSS.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
That's gonna rot before you use it.:eek: Sorry, I just had to.

Nice work, nice looking stacks, nice insurance policy for the future. Don't hesitate, grab more you can always split it later.;lol A C

You're going to be in good position for the next several cycles that 'ol man winter comes rolling back around. Good job! But waitaminute, think I see a stick of linden in one of those pic 002.jpg stacks.... heheh.

Ooooooo, White Oak. Yum! :cool:

Oh, just found a picture of our ladder truck with my grandson and the old FARBOSS license plate on it.
That's one to make pappa proud........He looks like he's not FAR FROM BEIN' THE BOSS

Reactions: tfdchief
Wow, that's great! We are all a bunch of firewood hoarders here on hearth.com. We all must be mental :p _g !! or something like that.
(Or not like to spend a lot on heating :ZZZ)
Or something like that is right. I think it is an addiction but a good one if there is such a thing.

Yep AC I just may grab some more.

Should be good Gark

Hey Woody I guess I will find out about that white oak in a few years. I have never burnt any only red as far as I can remember.

Yep AC I just may grab some more.

Should be good Gark

Hey Woody I guess I will find out about that white oak in a few years. I have never burnt any only red as far as I can remember.

Ill be burning some white oak for the first time in a couple years too, its supposed to have a little more btu's than red, it certainly was harder to split than the red and felt heavier and more solid. I guess we'll find out.

http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/howood.htm

Great looking stacks.
premiums wood there,
now you can enjoy the summer & a great view of the wood seasoning. :)
When the breeze is just right, I can smell the wood drying on my deck, love that smell :)

Locust, that is some great firewood! Good for you.

Reactions: Thistle
Status
Not open for further replies.