My new to me Jotul Oslo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04RevX

Jul 5, 2008
Western MA
Bought this last week and it was delivered today. It was the display model at my local Hearth store. Hundreds of dollars off new and comes with the 5 year warrenty as if it was new :) They did burn it but not daily and only during store hours. So I would consider it gently used. Its the blue/black porcelin option.

Attachments

• jotul 002.jpg
    jotul 002.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 891
Nice stove you got there. Sounds like a good deal. I like my castine a lot, would have gotten the oslo if I had the space for it in my fireplace. Good luck and enjoy - its a pleasure to watch.

First fire of the season today...didn't need it but I just couldn't wait anymore :)

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 598
awesome looks great, hope you enjoyed it!!

04RevX said:
First fire of the season today...didn't need it but I just couldn't wait anymore :)
Nice stove, you will love it. Just be sure to put newspaper on the floor before you open the front door. It will really mess up you nice bricks. A little ash on a damp piece of newspaper works great to clean the window. Another tip, when you remove the ash pan give it a jiggle to settle the ash before pulling the pan all the way out. Stops it from falling, then then being push to the rear when you replace the pan. Make something to clean any fallen ash in the pan area and you won't have problems closing the door. Be safe.
Ed

colebrookman said:
04RevX said:
Nice stove, you will love it. Just be sure to put newspaper on the floor before you open the front door. It will really mess up you nice bricks. A little ash on a damp piece of newspaper works great to clean the window. Another tip, when you remove the ash pan give it a jiggle to settle the ash before pulling the pan all the way out. Stops it from falling, then then being push to the rear when you replace the pan. Make something to clean any fallen ash in the pan area and you won't have problems closing the door. Be safe.
Ed

Thanks for the tips!

nice looking stove, good score on the price! you will love that stove come winter. on the first snowfall fire it up,get a cold brew, sit down next to it and wonder what the poor people are doing. lol!

You will love that finish, it's nearly indestructible. It's worth every penny!

Congratulations ...... I like it when someone gets a great deal... The Oslo from what I read hear is a great all around performer and my choice when I am ready for a new stove .

Broken in correctly, field tested and proven.
They should have charged more, not less. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.