My Ongoing Fireview Saga

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
I was going to just keep adding to my old thread but decided now that I am committed (in more ways than one), I would start a new thread of purchase to installation. Here is the stone my stove will be made out of. Here are the top and sides

Itopandsidestone.jpg

and here are the corners

corners.jpg

Those look great. Nice and swirly vs. the pokadots that some stones have. Once used I think you'll see more colors such as ornage and also more darkness. Did woodstock provide you with several of these photos for you to choose from? That would be freaking wonderful service.

Wow. We own two of their stoves and just ordered them! no stone selection to complicate things. Know what? they're both beautiful! Your's will be, too. Congrats.

hibeam said:
Those look great. Nice and swirly vs. the pokadots that some stones have. Once used I think you'll see more colors such as ornage and also more darkness. Did woodstock provide you with several of these photos for you to choose from? That would be freaking wonderful service.

Yes, we asked to see what was available and they sent a bunch of pictures of the different possibilities and we told them which ones we liked best and they sent us 2 choices of all the stones that would go in to the stove and we picked this set.

They are building it tomorrow and shipping it out next week after the cement sets.

I would agree, pretty amazing service. I really prefer the look of the Scandinavian stoves but the reviews on here and how they have treated me sold me!

Beautiful stones. You have to be excited. Heck I am excited for you.

I think my 30-NC is made from the steel from melting down my 1989 Dodge Lancer. :coolgrin: Just could not part with that car.

Very cool. Woodstock did the same for me. I described the pattern type I wanted and picked from 3 sets of photos. 9 out of 10! Would have been 10 out of 10 if I knew ahead of time that the aqua blue veins would fade to gray-white with a couple of burns. I choose lots of aqua and maybe would have went with a different pattern. Still extremely happy, though.

I did the same thing with my keystone, It went quickly to pick the stones. But it took me weeks to decide how to decide how I wanted to rotate them......

Congrats Wendell, it should be a sharp looking stove when complete! :ccolsmile:

Nice looking stone. Can't wait to see the finished product. You must be phsyced(sp?).

BrotherBart said:
... made from the steel from melting down my 1989 Dodge Lancer. :coolgrin: Just could not part with that car.

Man - who'd wanna stove that ran like crap in the rain, always made funny clunking sounds, and had zero resale value? :cheese:

Edthedawg said:
BrotherBart said:
... made from the steel from melting down my 1989 Dodge Lancer. :coolgrin: Just could not part with that car.

Man - who'd wanna stove that ran like crap in the rain, always made funny clunking sounds, and had zero resale value? :cheese:

Ran great right up to the minute my wife had a head-on collision in it with a old Ford LTD. Only thing it was good for after that was the crusher.

Edthedawg said:
BrotherBart said:

Not to mention - burned oil!

Those stones look a lot like the ones on my stove. Our experience was a bit different though because we were able to go to the factory. We picked out the stove partially built last spring. Soon we will fire it up.
Good luck with your stove.

BrotherBart said:
Edthedawg said:
BrotherBart said:

Ran great right up to the minute my wife had a head-on collision in it with a old Ford LTD. Only thing it was good for after that was the crusher.

Was that part of the "Crash Your Clunkers" Program ??

Peace,
- Sequoia

Sorry to divert the thread away from BB's Dodge Lancer but thought you might want to see some build pics. I am just amazed at how busy there are they take the time to do this. I love Ron Stewart and Woodstock!

build1_091709.jpg

build2_091709.jpg

build3_091709.jpg

build4_091709.jpg

build5_091709.jpg

build6_091709.jpg

I'm not going to get crap done at work today waiting for the next picture to arrive in my e-mail.

build7_091709.jpg

wendell said:
I'm not going to get crap done at work today waiting for the next picture to arrive in my e-mail.

build7_091709.jpg

Holy Bat crap Robin that is quite a pile of stones to the back left :snake:

Don't pay any attention to that, you're supposed to be admiring my stove (unless of course, you're Bigg Redd looking in disgust at my not so special stove :) )

That is quite the pile of rock!

Very nice. That's great that they sent you the pictures. Those are some cool stones. Lots of movement in them! My wife and I were able to combine the stove pickup with an anniversary getaway so we picked the stones with Jamie at the factory. The folks at Woodstock are just awesome to work with.

That is really nice getting to see your stove come together.

Congratulations once again Wendell. That's a beautiful stove. Just remember, the best is yet to come!

btw, when it came to picking our colors, there was a brochure with one exactly like we wanted. Our stove came looking exactly like in the brochure.

Vic99 said:
Very cool. Woodstock did the same for me. I described the pattern type I wanted and picked from 3 sets of photos. 9 out of 10! Would have been 10 out of 10 if I knew ahead of time that the aqua blue veins would fade to gray-white with a couple of burns. I choose lots of aqua and maybe would have went with a different pattern. Still extremely happy, though.

Vic, this post really threw me for a curve. I've never heard of the colored veins fading and certainly ours did not and our stone is blue. It looks the same today as when we installed it. Well, okay, there are a few scratches in the top, but those are gotten out easily.

My wife's pissed, Woodstock never told us we could pick out the stones and they told me I couldn't have a left side door. But that was over 4 years ago, maybe they changed policy?

Todd said:
My wife's pissed, Woodstock never told us we could pick out the stones and they told me I couldn't have a left side door. But that was over 4 years ago, maybe they changed policy?

Tell me when to have FedEx freight stop by to pick it up. :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.