My own Sawbuck- my contest entry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lroberge

Dec 31, 2005
Greetings! I made this sawbuck out of scratch.

I entered it in the True Value Do-it-Yourself contest.

If you would like to view it, click on the button below.

Best wishes.
Lawrence

Hard to call it spam, though I do love that clip. No one is making a (saw)buck off the post. I'd have to go to our local lumber yard instead of True Value to make one.

However, I am a little confused by the design. The upper 2 x 4s on each side of the cradle seem to be in the way of the saw, or do you only cut on the ends? It looks pretty, but I would probably slice it up in no time flat with the saw. I made mine out of 2x8's in the center of the cradle because I am always overshooting the mark. The 2x8s are full of notches, but I haven't gone through one yet.

Anyhow, congratulations on the award Lawrence and thanks for sharing. Do you have any pictures of it after cutting up a lot of limbs? :coolsmirk:

Nice job lroberge....myself I just tip cut the smaller logs while they're on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.