My wife made me do it...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

beatlefan

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2015
Urbana, Ohio
She made me do this with 3 perfectly good pieces of firewood.
logs1.JPG

Nice! Did you just let them dry out a bit, debark and then lacquer?

Love it! That's what women are good at

Nice! Did you just let them dry out a bit, debark and then lacquer?
I debarked them and let them dry for a month. Then, I sanded the heck out of them. Then 3 coats of polyurethane (sanding between each coat).

Reactions: Jeffm1
Pretty neat looking...

my friend has a piece of honey locust that he uses as an end table. he didn't laquer it or anything, it still has the bark on it, but it does have wheels on the bottom! (trying to get a picture)

Du2zBWea-gCv0x0U4Fg_eGjIo63VW27NQEwAIQ01qT-JqF2Ek4sFIm9GCMqFbVGO-RXg-mQgFbVVF_rm2PQ=w533-h616-no.jpg

Last edited:
My wife wants me to make bookshelves out of a dead elm on my property.....I guess that's. Enter than splitting it!

Better than....

Think of those as your "Emergency Wood" -- the wood you go to when you've run out of everything else and Snowpocalypse III has struck so it's either burn the "furniture" or freeze to death.