My woodshed project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! Can't wait to see it full.

Looks like it will end up being closer to 5 cords in this baby! According to Maines cordwood calculator.
love your sorting method

It's been full for a month or so now, just forgot to post a pic of it..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 294
Yeah I respect the guys who stack in the open and cover with tarps or whatever they can find. Like a labour of love tending to the stacks.

But! A nice covered wood shed Is great.

Good job Webby!!

Yeah I respect the guys who stack in the open and cover with tarps or whatever they can find. Like a labour of love tending to the stacks.

But! A nice covered wood shed Is great.

Good job Webby!!
I've stacked out in the open since I moved here. Last year I tried to cover it, I didn't feel that it was worth it. Open air stacking was much less aggravating without the tarps!

I've stacked out in the open since I moved here. Last year I tried to cover it, I didn't feel that it was worth it. Open air stacking was much less aggravating without the tarps!

Yeah for sure.

After a long day struggling to get wood cut, split and hauled out, I find it a pleasure to stack in my nice covered shed. One less head ache after the initial work.

I stack out in the open and I do not cover the wood. I am not sure with the amount of moisture that I recieve here and with the amount of wind, that a shed would make much of a difference. Sometimes it depends on where you live.

But still you have a great wood shed.

I stack out in the open and I do not cover the wood. I am not sure with the amount of moisture that I recieve here and with the amount of wind, that a shed would make much of a difference. Sometimes it depends on where you live.

But still you have a great wood shed.
Snow is really my biggest reason for the shed. I hate hauling wood in covered with snow and ice!

Yeah the average here is 11' of the dam stuff. Next town over gets 29' average on its ski slopes.

Not that much snow here.

Compared to you, it doesn't even snow here! ;lol

Ha ha ha yeah count your blessings for that.

I don't mind diggings my way to the wood shed, having to dig to find the wood pile would be a little much.

Status
Not open for further replies.