Mystery stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

raubrianrau

Sep 16, 2018
Pennsylvania
Does anyone know who makes this propane stove? It came with the house and I am trying to open the glass to clean and rearrange the logs. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,397
I don't know exactly,but it sure looks a lot like the one I just installed. A Harman Clarity. The way I understand it, Harman got bought out,and the new company dropped the gas stoves. I'll try to get a pic up .

Yes it has, Thought maybe it was a different year. Mine is new from a local dealer from his show room .I'm not sure what year mine is.
229693-cd8b9bce0a003aeadffd328348f28bc5.jpg

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,112
Oh Man, I got you!

This is a Hunter HFS40. I used to sell them until they completely went out of business in 2001. They were bought by Martin Industries in the late 90's, and we all know how that went. There were some models that were traded under the Martin or Martin Gas brand name.

Unfortunately, they went under in an era before everyone had digitized copies of the manuals, so I was not able to find a manual in an online search.

The logs are set up incorrectly, as the top cross log yours has on the left, actually fit on the knob on the right of the big front log, the other end sat on the burner pan and the rear log sits on that small log at the left, and angles down ward towards the left hand side.

I believe the bottom ash pan has to come off to reveal the screws for the glass panes (i'm sorry, but this wasn't as popular a unit for us, so I don't this this specific model that often in my service travels). You might try Target Wholesale (866-9TARGET) as I know they bought up their old parts inventory. I'm sure many of the parts that aren't universal may be gone by now, but they might be able to help source a manual.

Reactions: DAKSY
Tech guru that’s exactly what I needed to know. I got the glass off, cleaned and logs arranged properly today. Thanks for your time and valuable information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DAKSY
Does anyone know who makes this propane stove? It came with the house and I am trying to open the glass to clean and rearrange the logs. Thanks for looking.
I have one of these. It's from a Canadian company that no longer exists but it's a HFS40 model, Hunter Technology Inc. I couldn't figure out how to get into the firebox which is how I arrived at this help site. I couldn't get an answer, but I saw your post. I have never used the blower, but I might clean it thoroughly and give it a try.