Name this fireplace (or help me find out how)/replacing refractory panels

  • Active since 1995, is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not open for further replies.


Oct 26, 2015
Hi All,

First, thanks for taking the time to look at my questions. This is my first time posting so if you have any questions please feel free to ask (as I am sure I'll be missing some piece of critical information).

My wife and I purchased our first home in June here in Maryland. When doing the home inspection the inspector noted that the refractory panels in the fireplace were badly cracked and would need replacement. I had asked the previous owner if he knew the make and model of the fireplace so I could research purchasing new panels but he was unaware of the make and model.

The house itself was built in 2001 (the fireplace was installed during construction of the home). It is a zero clearance fireplace. I've read that sometimes there is a plate with the fireplace information under the lower panel but when I removed it there was no plate. My father and I removed the cracked refractory plates and the lower front cover and I took the attached picture hoping someone could help identify it. If the fireplace can't be identified does anyone have any idea how I can get new refractory panels? How much should I expect to spend?

Also, If you look at the picture in the lower right hand corner you will see an outlet under the fireplace that we found when removing the front cover. could this be used to add a blower? If so would it be worth the cost to install? I intend to use the fireplace on occasion to supplement our heat pump.


  • Name this fireplace (or help me find out how)/replacing refractory panels
    287.1 KB · Views: 323
Greetings. Looks like a very basic unit. Look for a small make/model tag somewhere in the door frame area.
Not open for further replies.