Napoleon 1402 blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinn

Hearth Supporter
Oct 8, 2008
NY
Just got my new insert installed yesterday, first fire today. I have a question about the blower, first of all I know there is an issue because the blower just comes on with the switch no matter what the stove temp is. I have talked to my dealer and he agrees and says that he has seen similar issues and it is most likely a wire that was left off. He will be out the first of the week to have a look. Now that I have been burning it though I have noticed that the right hand side of the stove is cool to the touch around the area that the intake for the blower is. The left side is as hot as the rest of the stove though. I know that it has two blowers so I am assuming that each side is an intake for the respective blowers. If this is accurate then my reasoning is telling me the left blower is not working. It is much quieter than the one I took out and this may sound silly but without really looking into it I can't tell if both blowers are working. Again my dealer will be out this week for the other issue but I am just curious as to if this sounds normal or not??

Ok I just went down and listened a little closer. I am pretty sure only one fan is running. The noise that I thought was the other fan I believe is just the sound of the air circulating around and the sound of the other fan resonating through the unit.

Ok if anybody is wondering here is the deal. The store owner came out yesterday to have a look. It appears that the factory had the wiring completely confused. The left blower was not hooked up at all, the right one was direct to the switch and not going through the thermostatic snap switch. All is wired correctly now but I hope that this is not a sign of the Napoleon quality control. The dealer is a friend of mine and is very straight and frank with me. He says they have not seen any real issues like this in all his years selling Napoleon. Occasional minor issues but not any chronic problems, lets hope it stays like that!!

On another note I can not believe the heat I am getting from this compared to my old Avalon. So far this insert is very impressive when considering heat output and wood consumption.

Thanks for the heads up. I just found this thread. I haven't had a lick of problems with my 1402, I absolutely love it. Even with the 3-6 degree temps we have been getting, it keeps my 1500 sq ft house at a comfortable 70-71 degrees.

I took mine apart this fall to clean out the fan cages, and it was a PITA getting to the bottom screws. I ended up pulling the portion off closest to the firebox, then carefully bending the metal back to access the csrews and it went fine.

Good luck, keep us posted on your findings/results with the stove!

Skinn said:
. All is wired correctly now but I hope that this is not a sign of the Napoleon quality control. The dealer is a friend of mine and is very straight and frank with me. He says they have not seen any real issues like this in all his years selling Napoleon. Occasional minor issues but not any chronic problems, lets hope it stays like that!!

On another note I can not believe the heat I am getting from this compared to my old Avalon. So far this insert is very impressive when considering heat output and wood consumption.

It happens on the best of assembly lines. Friday last piece off the line, just before holiday break and the supervisor went on vacation. Or maybe it was just a disgruntled employee can mess up a batch of product. You have a good stove and now it is really going to perform well. Glad you got it fixed.

Glad you had a happy ending. Lucky your local dealer is also a friend. Thats a good insert. Enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.