Napoleon 1402

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
plymouth864 said:
Help, would you recommend the Napoleon 1402 or Lexington Forge Savannah SSI30 ?

I just got the 1402 and love it...best bang for the buck by far.

I installed mine on October of this year. I have yet to turn on the furnace! I have nothing negative to say about the unit.

I can't say much about the other stove, but the 1402 is wonderful. I've been heating with a 1401 (the earlier version of the 1402 with different fans) for 12 years. I think this firebox design is the best.

plymouth864 said:
Help, would you recommend the Napoleon 1402 or Lexington Forge Savannah SSI30 ?

Yes.

Never burned one but they are well made and the members here that own them seem well pleased.

We are on our second year with our Napoleon 1900 and it has been wonderful! I have used many different wood stoves over the past 30 years and this one can't be beat! You'll enjoy that 1402!

I'm looking at the Napolean. Seeing them online, shipped for $1600-$1700. Any follow up reviews? Are the blowers really quiet?

Seth22 said:
I'm looking at the Napolean. Seeing them online, shipped for $1600-$1700. Any follow up reviews? Are the blowers really quiet?

The blower is very quiet and has an almost infinitely variable speed. I am very happy with our 1900.

Love the stove. My only suggestion would be to buy from a dealer and not online. Its great to have local dealer support.

Status
Not open for further replies.