Napoleon NPSI40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
Took on a customer today that owns one of these, not familiar with the unit but what I have read they are not so good, to put it politely. After diagnosing the problem of augur not working the vacuum switch seemed to be the problem, switched out switch (vacuum that is ) and augur worked but weakly, (stove does not put out enough heat and kept shutting down) tomorrow I will replace the augur motor, not too sure if we are wasting our time with this unit. Anyone especially the pellet Gods have any experience or recommendations about this brand. I am a Harman man and reaching out.
Thanks for any advice.

Only negitives I have heard were about blower noise. All in all a simple little stove with the same controller as the Enviro EF2-EF3. With a new unit going for about 2K its worth fixing.

We have 3 of these Napoleon stoves in our family, my brother and I have the free standing model, and my daughter has the insert. We have no problems and all on our 3ed year. All of us were experienced wood burners. Consumer Reports rated this stove as #2. The most common issue I have been aware of was a noisy blower. Another was with the burning pot which was resolved by drilling the ignition hole a little larger. This stove is easy to clean and simple to run. The insert is a little harder to load the pellets in, and has no ash chamber so it has to cleaned out more often. Yes, there were some negative comments about this stove during the -08 rush to avoid high oil prices. Some of that can be attributed to folks who were not well informed about what is required to run most any pellet stove. (not plug and play).
If I knew then what I know now, (and had the cash) would I have bought this stove? No, with enough money, I would have bought a pellet furnace. But if not the furnace, this stove is just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.