Nashua stove and piping question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So nobody know how hot my through wall piece can safely get?
follow the installation directions and use the right parts and you will be fine. This pips is tested to stand up to a 2100 degree chimney fire without transfering enough heat to the outside to cause a fire

How would one know when this is an illegal installation? Call the pipe manufacturer tech support and see what they say.
Lol you poor thing. For the record I'm not in any township or city. Just wondered how hot the triple wall gets . Thanks for referring me to the company obviously you don't have an answer but maybe somebody else will.

A lot of rural roads dOnt have posted speed limits. In fact none do in my neck of the woods.
Then they have a state set speed limit we have some unmarked roads near us but an unmarked road has a speed limit of 35 in pa. There are no public roads in the us with no speed limit i am sorry.

For the record I'm not in any township or city.
There are still state code in effect so it is still technically illegal. but honestly the legality of it should be second to the safety which this install is not safe.

Thanks for referring me to the company obviously you don't have an answer but maybe somebody else will.
We are referring you to the company because they are the ones that can give you the correct answer. We have no way of giving you an answer without knowing the ambient temp the internal pipe temp and the length of time at that temp. And they will ask you the same thing. Honestly what difference does it make? Install it according to the instructions and there will be no problems.

There are still state code in effect so it is still technically illegal. but honestly the legality of it should be second to the safety which this install is not safe.

We are referring you to the company because they are the ones that can give you the correct answer. We have no way of giving you an answer without knowing the ambient temp the internal pipe temp and the length of time at that temp. And they will ask you the same thing. Honestly what difference does it make? Install it according to the instructions and there will be no problems.
What's not safe about it? The outside pipe ?

The OP obviously doesn't want to listen or an answer. Shutting this one down..

Status
Not open for further replies.