NC-30 Adapter Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramzzey13

Jan 12, 2016
Ohio
Hi all what am I missing here? I am having severe problems getting the right adapter for my dura vent double wall pipe to fit on my NC-30. The 6DVL-AD does not have a tight fit not to mention there are welding beads on the inner lip that through it more off. Both Englander and DuraVent companies recommended the 6DBK-AD single wall piece that only fits with the flow going in the wrong direction and again going right into the double wall it runs on the outside. correct me if I'm wrong but common sense tells me my pipe should go around the collar on my stove so smoke doesn't have a chance to seep in the cracks around the edge. Has anyone that has a NC-30 that is using Dura-Vent double wall pipe found a correct collar that goes on the outside. That works with Double wall Dura-Vent pipe? Thanks in advance, just want to burn wood already!
NC-30 Adapter Problems NC-30 Adapter Problems

Attachments

• NC-30 Adapter Problems
    20161113_202335.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 126
  • NC-30 Adapter Problems
    20161113_202428.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jrems
The crimped end will go down inside the stove collar so if creosote were to accumulate and run down the inside of the pipe it would go in the stove rather than run down the outside of the pipe at the seams

What they said ^ ^ ^. Your 3rd picture is correct, the 4th is upside down. All stove pipe needs to go "male" end toward the stove

Be sure to try just shoving the end of the double wall down into the flue collar too. Some stoves need an adapter and some don't.

The thing to remember with stove pipe connections is that you are going for "drip free" meaning if water was running down your flue it would stay inside.

I have the 30 and mine is setup as these guys said. Picture if you were a drop of water running down the inside of the pipe. If you can't get out or catch a lip, you did the install properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.