neat splitting trick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got x27 last week had some rounds and put bungie cord around it......x27 is sharp sharp sharp first swing tight on thru the wood and my bungie cord. Lol

Balsa wood???

I just got x27 last week had some rounds and put bungie cord around it......x27 is sharp sharp sharp first swing tight on thru the wood and my bungie cord. Lol

I had the same problem until I watched that video again. Notice that he's splitting the side of the round opposite of where he's standing so the handle will hit the top of the round before the axe penetrates far enough to cut the bungee.

There was a vid a couple years back with a guy using a tire to hold the round. Honestly, who is not thrilled when splitting wood and the round, once split, stays put?

Hey Ralphie. Whats the wood in your avatar?

White ash split with a 4lb. wedge and 10lb. sledge. The round was very green when split. Sometime when you spend hours on end swinging a sledge you just look for ways to amuse yourself.;lol

White ash split with a 4lb. wedge and 10lb. sledge. The round was very green when split. Sometime when you spend hours on end swinging a sledge you just look for ways to amuse yourself.;lol
Got ya. Very neat though.. no bungie cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.