Need a Rectangle to Round Adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooter

Feb 25, 2016
Canton NC
I recently bought a house and the previous owner left a wood burning stove in the basement. There is a rectangle to round adapter that comes off of the stove to the 8" flue pipe that has multiple holes along the base that needs to be replaced. I've search the internet and cannot find a new one. Anyone know of place that would sell this? The base needs to fit over a 3" x 15" stove collar and transition into a 8" flue pipe
Stove1.jpg Stove2.jpg Stove3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First, thanks for the two quick replies and suggestions. I could not find any indication of stove brand.
Any suggestions on how to secure one of the above new adapters to my stove? Would furnace cement be enough?

Any suggestions on how to secure one of the above new adapters to my stove? Would furnace cement be enough?
No you need a mechanical fastener. Some furnace cement wont hurt as well but you need screws bolts or rivets also

Looks to be a Buck or a Buck Clone, the damper rod usually is taller than that to fit the Buck plate on it if it is a true Buck stove.

How to identify model: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/old-buck-stove-information-one-stop-resource.125611/

That is a sketchy looking install, way to close too that rear wall and that pad isn't doing you any favors either. I would have a certified sweep come out and do a run through of that setup before using.

Agreed. This is not a safe installation. The stove appears to be an insert. If this is the case it is NOT safe at all to place on a floor, even on a hearth pad. It is designed to go inside a full masonry fireplace. The cement bricks in back are more psychological protection than actual. This is dangerous, do not proceed without some guidance, hopefully from the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.