Need glass gasket for dutchwest 2479

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lemonbalm

Sep 26, 2015
NJ
First- thank you to anyone who ever posted here regarding the Dutchwest 2479. With all the info I found here I decided to purchase one to replace a VC Defiant.
I LOVE this stove!!
In my third season and finding I need to replace the gasket around the glass.

Been searching the internet for hours and not finding it.
Everything I’m seeing seems too big.
Will the standard flat glass door gasket work??

Would anyone have a source for the tiny rope gasket?

Thank you

Last edited:
What makes you think it needs changed? That’s really common to change this gasket regularly.

Ty for your reply.
Do you have a source for the gasket?

Top part sagged out last night.
I immediately let the fire go out and when it was cool I was able to replace it temporarily until I can locate the correct new one.
Btw- a popsicle stick works well for this job
I know this is not ideal and I’m trying mightily to locate what I need ASAP.

Attachments

• C069E8D0-0A54-47B7-9AE1-3B9077FA3072.jpeg
    C069E8D0-0A54-47B7-9AE1-3B9077FA3072.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
First- thank you to anyone who ever posted here regarding the Dutchwest 2479. With all the info I found here I decided to purchase one to replace a VC Defiant....Will the standard flat glass door gasket work?? Would anyone have a source for the tiny rope gasket?
So there are two gaskets that you need?? What is the full model number of the stove..NC 2479?
That link I posted is the complete set for the stove, as you probably saw. The 3/16" glass gasket is listed. I always use OEM gasket, not the farm store or stove shop stuff. That way you get the correct density and type that the stove maker wants in there. That kit is a little pricey, but you will probably need some of the others in the kit at some point. I see they have some bulk 3/16 gasket as well. You might call and ask if that is the same density stuff.

Is that the gasket hanging there and not a crack in the glass?
Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 11.10.22 AM.png

OK, I see which of the 2479 models you have now. They have another one that looks similar to my 2460. Weird that they use the same number for two different stoves. In that case, I'm not sure the kit I posted would work..
Screenshot_2019-01-19 vermont castings 2479 - Google Search.png

OK, I see which of the 2479 models you have now. They have another one that looks similar to my 2460. Weird that they use the same number for two different stoves. In that case, I'm not sure the kit I posted would work..
View attachment 238649

Yes, it’s the large non cat 2479.
Thank you for all your time. I greatly appreciate it!
The bulk 3/16 might just be the ticket.