Need hand finder pellet auger vendors.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steelman

Feb 7, 2012
east central ohio
Looking for pellet auger approximately 4 1/2 ft long, 2" dia. 2" pitch.
Been searching for some time with no luck. Even attempted fabbing my own out of washers. Worked but I need better.
I have a pellet bin that holds 20 bags and want it to feed my corn/wood pellet furnace. Found some in europe but don't want to deal with the shipping.
Thank you for any help.

Have you looked into auger drill bits? I see ones that are like 2 and 3 inch, and quite long. Maybe weld 2 or 3 together? Haven’t researched it but just a thought. The auger part would at least be pre made that way.

Another option is

#32 looks like what you want. You could check and see if they can make it in the length you want.

Last edited:
Have you looked into auger drill bits? I see ones that are like 2 and 3 inch, and quite long. Maybe weld 2 or 3 together? Haven’t researched it but just a thought. The auger part would at least be pre made that way.

Another option is

#32 looks like what you want. You could check and see if they can make it in the length you want.

Good idea on the " drill bit". But I assume way over engineered for the task.
Thanks for the link. Better than what I have found.

Reactions: tlc1976
Look for a grain auger

There are farm equipment salvage yards and I wonder if you could get a used one for cheap. If they are expensive enough new that is.