Need heat !!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nativedancer

Oct 10, 2011
Eagle Idaho
New board, fire brick and new motor...recontructed grate.
☆Its hard to start.
☆Pellets keep falling from the start. Automatically turns on pellets. Wont turn off. Wont slow down. Grate becomes overwhelmed.
☆Fan wont increase in volume to burn pellets or exhaust
There is no pause on the motor. Is auger motor supposed to move, move from one side to the other as if to give there a break?. My other motor did that.
☆Both sets of Lights flashing on the control board. On level 3. It's going to over heat!
☆Motor constantly running. Blower comes on for a short moment then shuts down...turn the system off/on it comes back on for a moment.
Pellet will not slow down.
Shutting down and attempting to get it to burn out. What the heck! What am I missing? The only technician that works on these refuses to work on this, I needed him to check the electrical system. He came out and asked about what I had done. I told him with every question. He got mad that I work on this myself.(??? I run a small farm by myself, I am the maintence) Not enough money in it for him. (He said he might not be able to find the parts.) That he would have to research it. I said I had access to all parts, and could get them within 2 days. He glared at me. And after his trip to Hawaii he texted me that he could not work on it. The other shop here charges $40 or 6% above price for their time and shipping costs (I use the same parts company they use, i dont get shipping costs, and the.company does not charge me), they said three weeks. I offered to bring it into their shop. it was a no. They only work on what they sell. I told them they sold it to me in 1996. Then they said "only new". Ok. It was in my shop. I removed the control board and treated it very well and put it safely away, cleaned the stove all up. Blew it all out, and vacuumed it all out, cleaned venting. Checked fans. When I was finished, I gave it a test drive and all worked perfectly. Put it back into house and trouble started. Auger had a fit. Adjusted auger. Again it worked. Then system quit. Shut it down. Breaker bar wouldnt work. Checked control board and the fuse was blown, a 6a125v replaced. Still wouldnt work. So new board. Starts now, the motor had an issue. Replaced Granger motor. Works, except with the above issues. Now what do I do. I'm out of money.

i would unplug the stove and pull the control board back out and inspect it for damage to any of the traces and components look for black/dark brown areas. sounds like whatever popped the fuse may have done some damage to something else. way to much happening.

Reactions: vinny11950
New board, fire brick and new motor...

Keep the old board and auger motor! The old control board may be easy to repair, so you'll have a spare, and the old auger motor may be perfectly ok.

☆Fan wont increase in volume to burn pellets or exhaust

☆Both sets of Lights flashing on the control board

On a Whitfield stove this can only mean one thing: The thermostat jumper is missing or has lost its connection. You probably bumped it off accidentally, when stove was in the shop.

Pellet will not slow down.

This rather long thread adresses an Advantage stove with same issue like yours. Please take your time to read all the details.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/whitfield-died.164183/

Good luck and take care. Keep us posted

Last edited: