Need help with design/process of a system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
here is a photo of the inside of a Tarm 2000 / Solo Plus wood boiler upper firebox. This is from a cutaway unit we have in the showroom/warehouse. The loading door is on the right (just out of view) and the heat exchange tubes are on the left.

Attachments

• Tarm wood boiler stays.JPG
    Tarm wood boiler stays.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: roughidle
I understand now, the stays are just tabs from adjoining braces and plates that stick through that are welded inside the fire box. So you're saying that they are more than likely worn off. Are the stays only welded on the firebox side of the plate or are they also welded on the outside of the fire box as well?

I appreciate all the information...

I understand now, the stays are just tabs from adjoining braces and plates that stick through that are welded inside the fire box. So you're saying that they are more than likely worn off. Are the stays only welded on the firebox side of the plate or are they also welded on the outside of the fire box as well?

I appreciate all the information...

They are welded on the inside of the firebox and the outside of the boiler. They go from the outside of the boiler through the water jacket then through the firebox wall (welded at both ends). Think of a bolt going through both walls of a concrete form - keeps the walls from bowing or blowing out under pressure.

Reactions: roughidle