need opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curmudgeon

Hearth Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
I am about to install a pellet/corn burner to replace an old pellet stove that replaced an old woodstove. The existing 8" chimney is triple wall insulated stainless steel on an inside wall, and exits through the ceiling, and is approximately 12 ft. in length. I intend to use a 3"to 4" adapter at the stove and then a 4" to 8" adapter at the ceiling. A tee and all the other usual stuff, of course. I would much prefer not to use the outside air system (I live in an old farmhouse and adequate air infiltration is plenty) I never had any backdraft problems with the other stove. Is this something that seems reasonable... either the outside air or the 8" chimney?

Status
Not open for further replies.