need reviews on Hearthstone Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2010
Hartford, Connecticut
i currently have the heritage downstairs, but it seems like the heat its not moving properly. so i decided to add a pellet stove on the second floor. because i like the hearthstone stove i wonder if any of you here own a Hearthstone Pellet stove and how would you rate it.
reviews please.

Many Years ago I had a Hearthstone soap stone wood stove in my first house and it was a real nice stove. I didn't even know Hearthstone made a pellet stove and looked at it on their web site, looks like a nice stove and I like how it comes apart for cleaning and maintenance.
What are these stove retailing for?
http://www.hearthstonestoves.com/pellet-stoves/stove-details?product_id=37

Attachments

• product_main_photo_37.jpg
    product_main_photo_37.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 246
I have been burning one in my showroom for about 3 months now. Put about 20 bags thru it. Zero issues so far. I wont promote it until I give it more of a workout. My findings so far:

Quiet enough..not the quietest.
Excellent heat, but the convection blows out the top instead of the front. Still heats up very nicely just takes some getting used to.
All the controls work as they should. Stove has an excellent internal thermostat. I set it at 70 and the showroom stays 70 according to our thermometer which is about 15' away.
In the brown enamel and sandstone (like pictured above) it is simply beautiful. One of the classiest pellet stoves I have ever seen.
My ONLY gripe so far is the top chute for loading pellets is a pain in the arse.
It is running with no issues at all with a 90 out the back turned horizontal to the left and about a 15' horizontal run out the wall
Glass stays pretty clean.
Smallish ash pan

When I consider its beauty, the reputation of the manufacturer, the heat rating and the bells/whistles, I think it is will worth the 4K+ price tag.

Retails for $3999 retail in flat black with grey stone. $4399 in brown enamel with the sahara stone.

52k btus
50lb hopper (although a 40# bag needs some monkeying with to get in there, then you can do the "tuck the pellets to the sides" trick)

CT to NY and back can be done in a day, if you want to come see the stove burning. Would still want you to go back home and buy it locally, but I dont mind showin it off.

I can see where putting pellets in the hopper could be PITA. If your not careful putting pellets in they will end up in the heat exchanger outlet, not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.