Need to know the average price of fire wood for a cord?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL 21 replies and not one of them from SC. I can post my price too and the drive would be a lot less than from Alaska.

8 foot logs of Birch go for around $90 a cord but of course that's not firewood. Same guy will sell you the Birch as firewood for $90 a level pickup bed. It was bucked, split, and heaped this Summer so needs another year for EPA stoves.

LLigetfa, you say: "...of course that's not firewood." Just my luck, the trees the October snow in NJ took down on my property were White Birch, which I know is not great firewood, but I'll burn it anyway...next year I guess as it is still "green" cut into rounds last week and not yet split. I think Black Birch is better firewood, but have never burned or even seen Black Birch, must grow somewhere else, maybe Mars.

NJ is a little closer to SC than Ontario, especially NW Ontario, and I too gave a price in US dollars. I think the Canada $ is still higher than the US $ so that adds to your price for us "southerners" : )

Jerry_NJ said:
LLigetfa, you say: "...of course that's not firewood."
Not denegrating Birch. Just meant that it's not firewood until after it's been bucked and split. Some peeps still wouldn't consider it firewood until it's seasoned.

$1 US is worth 1.05 CDN today.

Status
Not open for further replies.