Need to replace bricks in Kozy Heat Z42

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pburgh

Sep 8, 2010
Merrimack NH
The time has come for me to replace some of the broken bricks in my Kozy Heat Z42 (installed in 2010). The bricks that sit on top are in the worst shape of all; crumbling and cracked. They measure 1.25" x 4.5" x 13.25". Can someone tell me where I can buy these? I have the means of cutting bricks, but I can't seem to find anything over 9" in length.

The other item I'm confused on is a sheet of material that sits between the air pipes and the top fire bricks. It covers the entire area and provides a place for the bricks to sit. It is crumbling and needs to be replaced. I don't even know what this is called, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. For the record, I don't see this listed in the user manual.

Thanks!

The time has come for me to replace some of the broken bricks in my Kozy Heat Z42 (installed in 2010). The bricks that sit on top are in the worst shape of all; crumbling and cracked. They measure 1.25" x 4.5" x 13.25". Can someone tell me where I can buy these? I have the means of cutting bricks, but I can't seem to find anything over 9" in length.

The other item I'm confused on is a sheet of material that sits between the air pipes and the top fire bricks. It covers the entire area and provides a place for the bricks to sit. It is crumbling and needs to be replaced. I don't even know what this is called, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. For the record, I don't see this listed in the user manual.

Thanks!
We have them, at www.hechlers.com
There is a whole section of bricks to fit there.