Needing info from experienced pellet stove users

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjoyner

Jan 30, 2008
Alabama
We are ready to purchase a pellet stove, to heat 750 sq ft cabin with ceiling peaks to 13'& 16' Loft above a portion. it is well insulated, yet a good amount of windows. We are in Alabama, but these 15 degrees temps have really been cold and we like it to stay 70ish inside.

Mostly because of the price, I am looking at a US Stove (King Ashley) 5500 w/ a 150# hopper, 48K BTU/Hr, says it heats 1200 sqft. but I think that might be under what i need due to the loft area/celing peaks. The US stove is looking good due to the $1700. price and free shipping!! I am broke due to the cost of LP this winter and the conventional heater we kicked on for a while!! I would actually pay a little more if I could get my hands on it this weekend, but down south noone just has these things sitting around unless they are over $3-4K.

You folks have any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.