Neighbors don't like the stink of Red Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Thistle
I just feel bad that the stink might bother them.
Is the wind mostly blowing away, or toward them? In any event, the odor will lessen at a rapid rate.

Eat a few bowls of chile con carne,drink 6+ bottles of Bud Light or Old Milwaukee,stand by an open window & turn on kitchen exhaust fan.

Perhaps a tarp or plastic over the top and down their side for a month? At least the wind wouldn't take the stink through the pile their way??

The SIGHT of something over the pile making an attempt to lessen the problem may be the best cure even if it doesn't stop the smell.

i wonder if oak -- or any split wood for that matter -- will repel insects. sounds like it might repel neighbors!

That's too bad - I love the smell of fresh split red oak. I stacked about 2 cord in December, the smell is already gone. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.