Never Again! Blaze King Dealer Did Me Wrong

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be her boss (Dad?) just finished reaming her out for giving away too much free mechanise last month, and threatened to give her her walking papers if she gave away one more thing .
Maybe she had to choose,,,, her job, or your gasket. Which would you choose?

Just a possibility. :roll:

Hiram, you just don't buy from 'em anymore. Simple as that. I had a guy on the East Coast do a similar thing, different product. I told him straight up I have money, I plan to buy many more items that are exactly what he sells. He blew me off.

You know, I haven't bought a thing from him, told him I wouldn't ever do business with him again, and I won't.

They call it Pennsylvania Dutch around here, and I have a tad of it :)

BrotherBart said:
Glad the 30 kept ya warm. ;-)

LOL you're such an opportunist Bart!

:lol:

Ray

well Ill go anti anti grain and relate a story with the opposite moral.

I went into a place that rebuilds starters and sells new ones . There was a guy behind the counter wearing a company shirt. I asked him how much a rebuilt starter would be for my model and year of car. He gave me a price and then told me that for my vehicle a new one would actually be almost as cheap and gave me a price that was not much more than the rebuild. The owner then brought out the new starter and rang it up. When I got home I looked at the receipt and saw that it was way more than quoted by the employee. I called the owner and he told me that employee had no business quoting prices to me - he is just a mechanic. I told him that he should give me the price his employee quoted because I would not have bought it otherwise. He blew me off and let me know that he didn't need my business.

I still think I'm right and have not darkened his door since.

Webmaster said:
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that asking them to send it to you for their cost or for free is not - IMHO - something the customer should demand.

Such niceties are only really meaningful when they are offered.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hiram, that is a terrible thing to read about. Sadly, I and no doubt many on this forum have had that type of an experience with other companies and not necessarily in the wood heating business. It happens all the time and is getting worse. I also know this is one of the big reasons that Woodstock went to direct selling rather than working with dealers. Plain and simple, all dealers are not good.

I hope you read the thread I just posted: thread
Dealers are not good? Are you kidding me . Sure we hear the stories about a forgotten order. But do we hear the ones about someone buying a stove off craigslist and goes in to the store to ask the dealer how he can run a stovepipe thru a wall,, or do a slam and jam with an insert. Or how ever many other dangerous situations you can up with. There are a lot of dealers giving advice all day long to the idiots out there buy the junk the big box stores sell. Or people using the store as a online showroom.
That is a great story about Woodstock and I always remember them being good to work with. I think one reason they quit working with dealers is because dealers quit sending them purchase orders(who can blame them). If remember right they already sold direct at the time.

Story told. Many others too. Can't see where this one has anywhere else to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.