New Alcove installation for Jotul F 45 V2 Greenville

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rowanoverland

Nov 16, 2021
NC
Hi, just sharing my new alcove stove installation.

I want to thank everyone who contributes here.

I've lurked for years and gleaned quite a bit of information that helped me with planning and implementation.

We're really enjoying wood heat again. We used to have a wood stove years ago when we lived in Oregon, but that's was in the '90s.

Pre - old propane zero vent stove we ripped out.​
Post - new Jotul stove. Wall behind stove has 1" air gap for reduced clearances.​
old propane fireplace - pre.jpg
jotul installed and running - post.jpg

That's a nice change. I hope the Jotul gives you many years of happy warmth.

Very nice! Great job on getting this done and something we are planning to do as well.

Reactions: rowanoverland
Very nice install! How’s you F45 working out?
We are only a couple days into using it, but very happy with the stove so far. We have both heat pumps set very low and neither have kicked on since we completed the curing fires. We're coming into slightly colder weather so a bit more of a test soon. I've had plenty of coals in the morning to restart the fire. Stove was about 200 stove top temp when I got up about 6:30 this morning.

Reactions: Todd