New F55 finally installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creekside

Dec 2, 2014
Western Washington
After a couple delays we finally had our new Jotul F55 installed. It looks a lot bigger in our house than it did in the showroom but I took everybody's advice here and went slightly larger than I thought we needed. It took a while to get the draft going for the first break-in fire but I expect it will get easier. Can't wait to finish the break in and load it up. Unfortunately we just had a cold snap and its supposed to be up to 50 this week, so we probably won't need it much.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420387498440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420387498440.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 185
Bring it to NY, we could use it this week! Looks great. Nice clean lines. What kind of chimney is it hooked up to?

It goes into an exterior brick chimney. Not quite ideal, but the stove it replaces used the same set-up. We have a really steep roof and a new stove pipe would have been really tall and looked odd with the existing chimney.

Yes, we stopped burning today. It has been 53F all day long.

Hopefully the stove flue goes into a 6" stainless steel liner in the chimney. Old stove's chimney requirements often are not the same as modern stoves.

It goes into an exterior brick chimney. Not quite ideal, but the stove it replaces used the same set-up. We have a really steep roof and a new stove pipe would have been really tall and looked odd with the existing chimney.

Is it unlined with an 8x8 clay tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.