New Guy with pellet stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffro

Dec 28, 2009
Vermont
Hello, I was just given an Englander 25 Pellet stove by my Inlaws for my garage. My first question has to do with the auger speed, all of the daigrams in the on line instructions show a digital readout, but mine only has an on/off switch and and auger speed knob (the manual spin type) any Ideas on how old the unit is and where to get parts? Also I did get it going when I brought it home, however, when the on/off switch is on the bottom auger spins, and the room blower comes on, when I switch it to off the combustion blower comes on and everything else goes off. I can't really complain...it was free, but nobody in the area seems to service the Englanders, nor can I even find part #s anywhere for this thing. Is it just that old? Iwould appreciate any input at all on this stove or a proper wiring diagram to check against the stove. Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Jeff

Did you visit the England Stove Works site some stoves have multiple manuals depending upon their date of manufacture (should be on a plate on the stove).

If no luck there PM stoveguy2esw here on Hearth.com , that is Mike Holton's handle he heads up their technical support staff. I am 100% certain he can point you in the correct direction.

Thanks for the info, I have been on there website, and yes, they show 2004 and later or prior to 2004. but they all show a digital control. I will probably try to send Mike a message to see what he can find. Thanks again!

Just call their regular tech line....as long as you have the model # and serial #, any of the techs there can tell you what year it was made.

You might want to ask if an upgrade to the newer digital board is possible.

macman said:
Just call their regular tech line....as long as you have the model # and serial #, any of the techs there can tell you what year it was made.

Then again, you MAY be happier with the old analog setup. Good idea to check your options, though.

hossthehermit said:
macman said:

Then again, you MAY be happier with the old analog setup. Good idea to check your options, though.
I get confused just reading about those digital controls... my stove is so old the instructions are in Amish...

Status
Not open for further replies.