New Harman P61 Auger vibration?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kdrymer

Aug 11, 2022
Northeast PA
I have a new Harman P61 that was installed last month. I have only used it maybe a dozen times so far. I noticed some kind of groaning/vibratory sound when the Auger is running and I am wondering whether this is normal or not. This is most noticable with the fan on the Low setting. I have the Feed limit set to just under 4 and am using Barefoot hardwood pellets.

I have only been running the stove for 5 to 7 hours at a time when we are home, so I hope that doesn't have anything to do with this sound.

Short video clip (sound can be hard between seconds 5 to 8):

Sounds OK to me. IMO.. My Harman auger motor "groans" occasionally ..actually yours sounds quiet...running it 5 to 7 hours is not affecting it..

Sounds like my P61…think it’s normal