• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Whosehot

Mar 19, 2017
Vermont
My screen name is "whosehot" and as the title implies, I am new here (as in like 10 mins ago) and I'll be asking lots of questions, soon. Looking to gain advice, and some new "wood burning" friends. So Hello.

Reactions: Tech Guru
You found great place to learn. I wish I did before I bought my stove.

Welcome . . . don't be afraid to ask questions . . . folks here like to answer questions.

You're not happy with the Lopi?
Yes I am, it's a very good looking stove. Heats my house and is easy to operate. However I would like a bigger fire box or maybe rather deeper one. I have a raised ranch and if I knew what I know now I would have had install a freestanding stove in my rec room, that way I could also heat downstairs and keep mess out of the living room. When I was buying a stove I didn't know any better and I had no one to ask.

Welcome to the forum, a lot of wood nerds here, and I mean that in the most loving way. :p

Reactions: firefighterjake
Welcome! Lot's of information on this forum.... I used it for research when I began looking for a woodstove over 4 years ago.