New owner of a Harman PF100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JerseyJeff

Apr 10, 2018
New Jersey
I recently bought a home with a 2010 PF100 furnace that was not very well maintained...

After cleaning out about 40-50 pounds of ash, lubricated fan shafts, hinges and screw threads with high temp lubricant and scraping rust off of just about everything, I have realized (thanks to these forums) I need to replace the burn pot, door gasket and baffle lever gaskets.

I ordered a new HHT stainless steel burn pot, but any suggestions on whether I should change anything else while I am opening this up?

Any tips for installing this new burn pot?

Any good preventative maintenance tips for a new owner of a previously poorly maintained PF100?

The harmaan experts will be along any time to answer your questions...but in the meantime.... congratulations on the stove I know (by reading here) that Harman is a great manufacturer and has a near cult following so get your kool-aid cup ready!

Reactions: JerseyJeff
The harmaan experts will be along any time to answer your questions...but in the meantime.... congratulations on the stove I know (by reading here) that Harman is a great manufacturer and has a near cult following so get your kool-aid cup ready!

Thank you!
I’m impressed with how well it’s built but a little surprised by the maintenance required, but I’m also dealing with something that was poorly maintained prior to my ownership.

Since nobody commented go ahead and say you might want to put a new door gasket on it if it’s not sealed very tight and a spare igniter is always handy. Make sure you’ve cleaned all the exhaust from the firepot to the outside termination including your Exhaust probe and exhaust blower. Also make sure to clean out all the pellets and take off the fines box cover in the back and suck all the pellet dust out. It’s definitely not a maintenance free furnace, but if you just keep it fairly clean in the firebox area then you can usually get by with 1 maybe two deep cleanings every year.

Reactions: JerseyJeff