New property means new saw.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the +/- 10 cords we cut each year a single pro saw plan works. I go through a bar and maybe 2-3 chains each year on the wondrous MS261 with a now downsized 16" bar from 20" .Why ? Dirt, rounds, barbed wire, dead mammals in the trunks. It has done up to a 36" DBH oak a few times without timely delays. An older 028 and loaned 440 are too much to handle for heavy cutting. BTW: a pro Stihl 009 does the tree climbing, long trail walk ins, and blowdown limbing. It has gotten me out of user jams with the 261 ( truth sets you free ).
It's beyond me other than the testosterone demand why any non pro cutting less than a few cords each year even thinks a 440, 660, 880 will speed anything up. But your choice. Hubris.
Never will use a chisel tooth chain again. Dulls quickly. Harder to sharpen correctly, chatters. Gave me hemhoroids (sp. ) ;em

Your record player is broken. Won’t sing a new song and is stuck on 10 Cords a year, blow downs, and trail walking. Sounds like a bad Florida Georgia Line song.

You fail to see a point different to yours and I fail to see how a grown man can’t handle 14 pounds all day. Do you change your own tires? Man bun or beard?

Last edited:
For the +/- 10 cords we cut each year a single pro saw plan works. I go through a bar and maybe 2-3 chains each year on the wondrous MS261 with a now downsized 16" bar from 20" .Why ? Dirt, rounds, barbed wire, dead mammals in the trunks. It has done up to a 36" DBH oak a few times without timely delays. An older 028 and loaned 440 are too much to handle for heavy cutting. BTW: a pro Stihl 009 does the tree climbing, long trail walk ins, and blowdown limbing. It has gotten me out of user jams with the 261 ( truth sets you free ).
It's beyond me other than the testosterone demand why any non pro cutting less than a few cords each year even thinks a 440, 660, 880 will speed anything up. But your choice. Hubris.
Never will use a chisel tooth chain again. Dulls quickly. Harder to sharpen correctly, chatters. Gave me hemhoroids (sp. ) ;em
I will soon be 55...I run everything from 260 Pros up to a 660...all with full chisel chain...I choose the saw for the task at hand...I want my cutting done as fast as possible...this is due to the lack of testosterone..while you are attempting to cut one round of 36" oak that 660 is on its 3rd round...thats a fact. Keep your bars out of the ground and they will last a lot longer..

No need for "14 lb all day". Maybe with all this testosterone flow you'd like to try a multi pitch 5.10 climb with night packs ?
Maybe take that oh so big 660 and walk in a couple of hours to open a trail. Fine. Not what we do or need.
I see I see I see the 'need' for big boy saws for part timers. Take it. It's my and those we cut with and have cut for decades approach.
Use the appropriate gear for the job and user. We don't sleep with our tools.
Hey, record players are long defunct.

Jazzberry: how are conditions with the Ferguson Fire ? Hope you're safe .

No need for "14 lb all day". Maybe with all this testosterone flow you'd like to try a multi pitch 5.10 climb with night packs ?
Maybe take that oh so big 660 and walk in a couple of hours to open a trail. Fine. Not what we do or need.
I see I see I see the 'need' for big boy saws for part timers. Take it. It's my and those we cut with and have cut for decades approach.
Use the appropriate gear for the job and user. We don't sleep with our tools.
Hey, record players are long defunct.

Son,

I humped far more than you can dream of during my days in the 101st. I have carried 80lb packs for miles, for days. I’ve done chit that would leave you a quivering fool in the heat of the desert.

Frankly, some of us have tried to offer opinions based on our own experience and lessons learned from our years on this earth and the years of those that thought is. All I have seen you do is bash and talk chit on opinions that don’t agree with yours but, you yet have anything else to offer. Personally I won’t really give you the suggestion I have in mind but, I’m done with anything your highness has to puke out of your (expletive deleted - BB).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.