New Quadrafire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

disturbedinwv

Aug 9, 2019
WV
Well, we just had this new Quadrifier 3100i installed today, along with an insulated liner. It looks nice and it seems like a good burner so far. (The chairs will have to

I was just noticing how I can see flame, slightly, between the door and the box. I dont know if you can see in the pictures. It has to be sucking some air around the door. What do you all think?

Before:
20191001_081255.jpg

After:
20191018_140844.jpg

Gap:
20191018_230726.jpg 20191018_230707.jpg

Attachments

• 20191018_140856.jpg
    20191018_140856.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:
The gasket is not sealing properly. It looks like the door is not set properly. Have the dealer come out and correct this. The stove will not burn properly with a leak like this.

Reactions: Highbeam
Agreed. That’s clearly not right. They need to come out and fix that.

Good lard! Yet another case of quality dealer workmanchit. ;hm
Apu: [after Homer quits working the graveyard shift at Kwik-E-Mart] "He stole, he slept, he was rude to the customers, but there goes the best employee a convenience store ever had." ;lol

Last edited:
I guess I was being a dummy. I was able to tighten the nut on the inside of the handle and the door now locks tight like it should.

I guess I was being a dummy. I was able to tighten the nut on the inside of the handle and the door now locks tight like it should.
Glad to hear the fix was simple. Thanks for the update. How is it burning now?

We are very pleased with it so far. I can tell that it is way more efficient than our old stove and I love having the glass door.

The home was built in 1940 so I doubt it is insulated very well, but I still think this burner will keep us warm. It's a two story under 1200 square foot home, with 8.5' ceilings.

It was just over twenty degrees outside here this morning.