New Stove Installation and other pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
For your viewing pleasure.

Stove is a Gibraltar LLC; the largest coal stove that Gibraltar made. Has a 100 lb. coal capacity and 90,000 BTU output on high. Its overkill, but on low it maintains the house at a very comfortable temperature and uses hardly any coal. Stove temperatures of 400 degrees and stack temp. of 120-150 degrees (both surface mount).

The cast iron grate system along weighs 96 pounds and is among the most robust assembly I have ever seen.

The other two pictures are me sweeping the chimney up at Grandpa's house (Me on the snow covered roof not shown for insurance reasons, haha).

And one of my Christmas gifts.

Attachments

• 000_1370.JPG
    000_1370.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 487
  • 000_1371.JPG
    000_1371.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 508
  • 000_1342.JPG
    000_1342.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 510
  • 000_1351.JPG
    000_1351.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 533
OMG, its Erkle reborn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
Put a red wig on and you could even be an oompa loompa ;)

Congrats!
I can hear it now...
Corie do you take Corie to be....Corie do you take Corie to be

WooHoo, congratulations Cories!!!

Can we take it the Gibraltar is Grandpa's new stove? How does he like switching to coal?

No, the Gibraltar is the replacement for the Esse Coal stove at my parents house (which was the replacement for the stove I built, which was the replacement for the Dutchwest 2264CCL, which was the replacement for the Jamestown Papa Bear Pellet stove).

So far Mom and Dad like this one a WHOLE bunch. Eighty degrees downstairs, 74 upstairs and a fire that is barely even burning. Tuned the barometric damper perfectly with the digital draft gauge so they are ready to rock and roll.

Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering if he would be hauling 20-40 lb hods of coal. Did you find a new stove yet for GP? What happened to the beautiful Podschelne I stove?

Corie said:
No, the Gibraltar is the replacement for the Esse Coal stove at my parents house (which was the replacement for the stove I built, which was the replacement for the Dutchwest 2264CCL, which was the replacement for the Jamestown Papa Bear Pellet stove).

So far Mom and Dad like this one a WHOLE bunch. Eighty degrees downstairs, 74 upstairs and a fire that is barely even burning. Tuned the barometric damper perfectly with the digital draft gauge so they are ready to rock and roll.

1. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

2. Where the heck is the Corie One these days?

1. Thanks.

2. In the geeerage. I'm going to pull it down here sometime and fiddle with it, but right now its too many projects and not enough time.

Corie said:
Oh and I almost forgot.

I proposed and she said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Congrats....now about the "name" problem........

the good part is that you are gonna have to combine finances, since it will be hard to say "that is my account, my name is Corie".

Congrats
Now when will you get to use that Christmas present? Still cant hunt there yet right?

Wishing you the happiest of times together!

Status
Not open for further replies.