New to stoves! Napoleon NPI40 or QUADRAFIRE CB1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nordicpony

Dec 10, 2010
West Virginia
Hello all!

This is my first time posting to the forum, so thanks in advance for reading my question(s)!!

BACKGROUND:
I currently have a Heatilator Model CD4236 LP gas fireplace unit installed in my family room which is centrally located in the home (~4000SF, very open floor plan) and open to the second floor. Originally I was looking to replace the unit with a wood burning insert but after talking to a few contractors about the scope of the work pellets quickly became what seems to be a good choice for the application. Seems like I can get a Pellet insert into the LP fireplace void without too much trouble or piping expense. My homes central forced air furnace is LP which equates to a new car payment in gas for keeping my house 60 degrees! :(

After visiting Lowes/Home Depot they only had one free standing stove for sale and no inserts.

I went to a local stove dealer and they put together an estimate (without install) for the Quadra-Fire CB1200

Quadra-Fire CB1200 All Black $2299.00
Piping $450.00
Surround plate $194.00
TOTAL of $2943 before tax.

I found a Napoleon NPI40 insert locally for sale from an individual who purchased 6 months ago for a renovation project and cannot use it. He is willing to sell it for $1800.00 with pipe and surround.

I wanted to see everyone's thoughts on these stoves and if you have a NPI40 or CB1200 how do you like it?

Any good online resources or wholesale places to purchase new stove inserts? I put the model numbers into Google and couldnt find much help in price pointing these stoves.

I appreciate ANY and ALL input!

Thanks again!!!

Price is MSRP or very close for the Quad, I can't say about the Napoleon. I have 1200 freestanding and have no trouble but then again I work on these for a living.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Typically how much should one expect to pay below MSRP on stoves... I know deals will vary but I know paying MSRP for anything is a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.