New wood hauling beast...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool_hand_Looke

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2013
Illinois
The new wood hauler...

Caterpillar 259D

Very pleased with it. TON of power. Got a bush hog and root grapple attachment as well. Root grapple is unbelievable. I literally can carry the trees out now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 319
Hmmm...guessing that you just extended the wood burning "payback" time by a couple of decades.;lol;lol;lol

Hmmm...guessing that you just extended the wood burning "payback" time by a couple of decades.;lol;lol;lol

Well it's not exclusively for wood hauling. There's a ton of other stuff I use it for. We looked at tractors in the same HP range, they had half the lifting capacity, no cab, took up twice as much room, almost no attachments, and cost more. It was a no brainer.

Reactions: Jags
The new wood hauler...

Caterpillar 259D

Very pleased with it. TON of power. Got a bush hog and root grapple attachment as well. Root grapple is unbelievable. I literally can carry the trees out now.

Very nice, puts my 56 JD to shame.:(

bob

ps, wouldnt change a thing.:):):):)

Very nice, puts my 56 JD to shame.:(

bob

ps, wouldnt change a thing.:):):):)
I haven't picked anything up heavy by hand since summer. Lol. Nice back surgery insurance policy. The bush hog alone was worth it. I can get to standing dead trees I could have never gotten close to before. Spent the summer busting through 20 foot tall torn bushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.