New wood shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmblank

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2013
Michigan
Just built a new wood shed. I'm dubbing it the "one hour woodshed," cause that's about how much time i spent building it.
uploadfromtaptalk1375641128367.jpg
The pallet i used as the roof (from a shipment of siding) ended up being a little saggy so i just threw an extra stake in there.
By my calcs it'll hold just shy of 3 face.
Anyway, here's a few extra pics just for the hell of it.
The REAL shed (behind the one hour shed)
uploadfromtaptalk1375641720418.jpg
And the wood getter (farmall A)
uploadfromtaptalk1375641837709.jpg

Cool , now fill er up :)

how about throwing in another pallet where that stake is ????....extra support

Pete is going to be jealous.

Reactions: ScotO and PapaDave
I wanted to minimize the support structure as it would take away from storage space. Of course, that's probably the difference of 10 splits, but hey, that's a days heat in winter pert' near. Besides, i got stakes up the wazoo (figuratively speaking, of course), but to me pallets are a little more rare.

Reactions: ScotO
Did Pete come over to give you a hand in this?

Reactions: TimJ and ScotO
Hey if the dog likes it, you are good to go.... Enjoy and fill it, send us pics.... Ps what is dogs name? Thanks...

The one in the pic is Maggie. Black lab/ golden retriever. Out as i like to see it, black retriever.
I think she was pretty indifferent about the shed. She was just waiting for me to throw the ball. I didn't have the ball... Which is why the other dog wasn't around. She pays a little closer attention to the ball and knows where it is every moment of every day.

Reactions: PapaDave
Sorry hd rock, my tapatalk is messing up so i didn't see the last couple of posts until just now.
I'm in Cadillac. Crossroads of 115 and 55. And 131, i guess.

Sorry hd rock, my tapatalk is messing up so i didn't see the last couple of posts until just now.
I'm in Cadillac. Crossroads of 115 and 55. And 131, i guess.

Hay !! Cadillac, I have been there a lot ,Dad is from there ,Mother from Mesick, cousins still in Cadillac to, Uncle had a farm there

Where are you at now?
I moved here right around 7 years ago. Grew up in Manistee, bout an hour away. My wife's family have been in Cadillac for a long tome. It'll be nice to have some cheap daycare when we need it.

Nice idea, love that old tractor.

Where are you at now?
I moved here right around 7 years ago. Grew up in Manistee, bout an hour away. My wife's family have been in Cadillac for a long tome. It'll be nice to have some cheap daycare when we need it.
In the little box to the left under my name Grand Blanc,Mi. :)
Bring them kids on down ,I got some stackin for them to do ;)

No kids yet. Besides, when they're old enough to stack (is 5 too young?:)) their stacking skills are spoken for for the foreseeable future.

Tractor is actually my dads. I've been looking at tractors, and I'd love to be able get a farmall like that, but I'm gonna require something with 4x4 and a bucket and 3 point hitch. I wanna be able to do more than just pull a trailer.

Reactions: Applesister
Tractor is actually my dads. I've been looking at tractors, and I'd love to be able get a farmall like that, but I'm gonna require something with 4x4 and a bucket and 3 point hitch. I wanna be able to do more than just pull a trailer.
Yea I went from a M to a Ford 4 wheel drive, should have done it years ago.

what is the roof? If steel lift one end 6" or so or if it is flexible just raise the center a little more to help with water flow and snow load. Nice looking shed. My neighbor keeps dropping pallets off near my wood stacks so I may need to make one.

Yeah, the stake in the center raises the center a bit. i had to screw the ends down otherwise it rockered side to side.

Love the old tractor:)

Status
Not open for further replies.