new wood stove installation - help along the way needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for your help. I think I have the pipe figured out and am going to put it on tonight. I will shoot a pic. I started another threat to see who all used the thimble insulation that is "optional" for my brand according to their instructions. They have two technical support techs, one said he would recommend it and the other said he wouldn't worry about it. What do you think for my set up, insulation or air space?
IMG_0416.jpg IMG_0447.jpg IMG_0448.jpg

i replied in your other thread as well, i dont think you're supposed to pack insulaltion around the class a pipe, that outer ring is there to set clearances

Is this insulation H&C part TLCSI ? If so, they approve for use in wall thimbles.

I had to use the JUSI line for it ( approved by Hart and Cooley Tech Support) because the local dealer of Hart and Cooley did not stock the TLC line. I think the JUSI was Super Vent. Anyhow, the Techs said use JUSI or SUSI if Hart and Cooley TLCSI was not available. The part that made me think twice was that one of the techs recommended using it, while the other said most people don't......Just Curious what the forum would think about it.?

I had to use the JUSI line for it ( approved by Hart and Cooley Tech Support) because the local dealer of Hart and Cooley did not stock the TLC line. I think the JUSI was Super Vent. Anyhow, the Techs said use JUSI or SUSI if Hart and Cooley TLCSI was not available. The part that made me think twice was that one of the techs recommended using it, while the other said most people don't......Just Curious what the forum would think about it.?
If it is kaowool or a mineral insulation it should be ok.

Question on the flu collar on the stove.... The pipe will only fit on maybe 1/2" due to the out of round collar I posted earlier. Tech support said it had to fit at least an inch and to use a hammer to smack it straight. makes me nervous as I don't want to crack the weld.... Now I'm wondering if I should be using some sort of stove adapter? Can my double wall black pipe fit directly on the stove collar without any adaptor? As it sits now, the inner pipe of the double wall slides inside the flu collar, and the outer shell of the double wall fits over the collar. I havnt drilled or screwed this connection yet so wondering is that right? Kind of hard to find the pre drilled holes in the stove collar with the outer shell of the double wall covering it. Does this sound right or should I be doing something different to connect the double wall to the stove...?

Give it a few firm raps with your hands to seat it tightly. Pre-mark the hole locations on the stove top with a pencil.

With burning season about here I logged back in to look at these old posts. I finished this project and had a really good first season with this stove. I cleaned this one time during the season so I could see how my build up was looking and then burnt through the season. I am ready for my pre season cleaning now and will be removing the baffle for the first time on this round. Thanks for all of the tips getting through this project last season.

Reactions: begreen
Waiting for the glamor shot of that baby burning. :)

Yea how could come back to say thanks and not post a final shot??!?

Now yer talking!