Newbie Assistance/Advice Requested

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting back to this old thread, so I don't remember the specifics, but do not try to use mechanical means to strip old (pre-1978) paint off the bricks. It will put leaded dust into crevices of your house, which will revisit you from now until the end of time. Do your kids a favor, and stick with the gel and a host of wire brushes of various stiffness to get into all the nooks and crannies.

Old? All things are relative. My current house dates to 1770's, with one part maybe as old as 1738. I've spent most of my life working on old houses. It's usually the later homeowner renovations that cause me the most headache, not the original construction.

Here is my 21 year old 3100 I insert.this year we've opted for a freestanding woodstove.

Attachments

• IMG_3151.JPG
    IMG_3151.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.